MEGADECK are Australia’s leading staging specialist and is seeking to employ an enthusiastic, positive, hard-working individual to add to our team. At the core of our business is an enduring mission to deliver a superior product and provide excellent customer service. This role is an opportunity to be a part of a special group that participates in many exciting events throughout the year, from NYE, Fashion Week, Music Festivals and TV shows to name a few. Our success and popularity has grown over the years and we would welcome any individual who feels they can contribute to our future goals.
Metal Fabricator Position
An opportunity has opened up to become one of our team, manufacturing our portable staging system along with the fabrication of some exciting theatre, music and special event sets and stages. Australian owned and operated we are located in Botany and are currently seeking to appoint an experienced and skilled candidate for full time employment with a background in the Metal and Aluminium Fabrication Industry for the following position
- Metal Fabricator whose experience includes reading of engineering drawings, fabrication of structural steel and other metal stock to make or repair metal products and welding fabrications.
The Ideal Candidate
● Be willing to work a 38 hour week plus overtime as required
● Have 3 years work experience in a similar role
● Day to day management of all specified jobs/works, including planning
● You will be a self-starter who can work unsupervised with drive and determination
● An excellent work ethic, a strong focus on safety, and a high degree of reliability and dedication to providing quality workmanship
● Maintain good standard of our workplace tidiness
● Adhere to WHS requirements
● Hold a valid Australian Drivers Licence (manual licence preferred)
● Forklift licence (preferred though not essential)
● White Card (preferred)
- Be flexible and have multi-tasking skills
- Have good time management attributes to deliver on demanding timelines
- Skilled in Tig/Mig welding to a high quality finish
- Ability to handle materials, tools and machines; physically fit with no restrictions
- Accurate and efficient in metal work
- Know how to read and work with drawings and be able to calculate
- Able to work independently and with a team
This is an outstanding opportunity to be at the forefront of the Industry. We’re a growing team that are dedicated to excellence and delivering quality work to our clients.
This is a full-time long-term position. Competitive salary + super + bonus + overtime.
Please forward your resume with accompanying cover letter to Jobs@megadeck.com
If you would like to know more about our company and products go to www.megadeckstaging.com